Christmas Season Is Here
After the long and not so normal year we have endured, we are finally reaching the end and we hope for a great year in 2021. Christmas is here and surely will be different this year but why should the feast be any different? The core of Christmas is the aromatic fruit cake with friends and family. We have a great and easy way of preparing a fruit cake which will suit all parties at the same time create fun during the process. This will need a few ingredients, instead of the long list of the traditional way. It’s not Christmas without a fruit cake make an easy one by mixing the following;
Recipe And Procedure
- Loto sponge cake premix – A premix that has the perfect combination of spices fit for a fruit cake.
- Bakers mix – A fruit mixture containing raisins, tutti fruity, and mixed peels.
- Butter Cream
- Fondo roll – Ready made fondant from bake land
Soak the baker’s mix in orange juice a few hours before or overnight. Mix 1kg loto sponge cake, add 225g Water, add 350g Corn Oil, 350g Eggs, mix all ingredients at slow speed for 1 minute and 5 min on medium or high until the mixture is fully incorporated. Lightly dust the soaked fruits in flour and mix in the loto sponge batter. Pour into 2 nine-inch cakes pan and bake at 180C for 30 min or until when you insert a toothpick it comes out dry. Allow to cool and frost with buttercream and cover with fondant.
Ingredients For Butter Cream
- 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk or water, divided ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Recipe for butter cream
- Beat together the butter, shortening and extracts until smooth and creamy
- Add 2 tablespoons of the milk of water, the salt, and half the powered sugar and mix just until combined
- On low speed, gradually add in the remaining sugar, add more milk or water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.