A chocolate cake , An all year round favorite! its never out of season loved by almost every one in the planet !
Its also a very easy cake to make. The type of cocoa is usually very important , using a dark, unsweetened cocoa powder, it will give the cake a very rich flavor.
Blooimg your cocoa also enhances flavor , this can be done by mixing hot water/buttermilk with the cocoa and allowing it to rest for few minutes before you mix in the dry ingredients.
let’s get started!
Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 2½ wheat flour.
- ½ cup of cocoa.
- 4 Eggs.
- 1¾ cups of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- ½ cup of Prestige Margarine.
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder.
- 3¼ of baking Soda.
- ¾ teaspoon of butter milk.
- Prepare an “8” inch Baking Pan and put it aside.
- Get a bowl put butter milk, hot water and sieve cocoa into the mix them together allow it to rest for a few minutes.
- Get another bowl, Put margarine the put it into a microwave or any other means that can be used to melt it,
- Pour the melted margarine into the mixture, add sugar, eggs and vanilla to improve on the flavor and aroma of the chocolate cake use a fork or a spatula to mix the ingredients.
- Sieve wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder in the bowl mix them until the wheat flour is appropriately incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the “8” inch baking pan, put in the oven and wait for about an hour.
- Insert a skewer in the center of the cake, if it sticks on to the skewer put it back for some minutes.
- After Release the cake on to a metallic plate and leave it to cool.
Chocolate cream ingredients.
Procedure for making Chocolate cream.
- Get a bowl, put butter, chocolate and whipping cream and put in the microwave to melt it.
- Add cocoa into the mixture, mix them gently and leave it to cool for some minutes.
- Then spread the chocolate cream on top and around the cake.